Tuesday 24 May 2011

A very small step

Not been up to much lately other than trying to cope with the reduction in tablets - which isn't going so well as I just seem to be sleeping all the time.

One thing which I did accomplish though is I overcame anxiety and managed to go somewhere without having to meet anyone outside. I amazed myself! Although it did help that I was knackered and needed a sit down and a drink! It also helped that I vaguely knew someone who was there.

That was on Sunday night, and I've pretty much slept since then :(

Although tonight I realised I've lost part of a back tooth so that needs sorting before I resort to stupid/drastic measures like last time - I pulled out one of my own teeth cos I was in that much pain :(


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog "Welcome to the QUAD" Martin. Pleased to follow you here. Congratulations on pushing the envelope in this post, I hope you've managed it again since. How's that tooth doing?
    If you ever feel able to frame your situation using Hodges' model let me know I'd be pleased to help and possibly feature this on my blog. The model is very useful for personal reflection and integrating things - not just issues but possible solutions too.
    I guess you will have heard this a thousand times, but remember that for thoughts to be released unhelpful beliefs must be released too.
    Life is about always crossing the 'middle': in this it seems you have no choice as to where the crossing is made. I trust that you can learn to positively use this 'crossing' - this part of yourself. Take care.
    Best regards,
    Peter Jones
    http://hodges-model.blogspot.com/
    Hodges' Health Career - Care Domains - Model
    http://www.p-jones.demon.co.uk/
    h2cm: help2Cmore - help-2-listen - help-2-care
    http://twitter.com/h2cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter, I remember you and @matason from my drupal time just before depression hit me. You'll have to let me know how drupalCon London goes!!
    I intend to sit down and have a proper read of your blog soon :)

    ReplyDelete